ZTR cooler holder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jan 15, 2006.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

I was just thinking about the best way to mount a cooler to your ZTR i know dixie chopper has a holder that is on top of the gas tank....i am wanting to make a a place for a cooler to go on my str so one larger accounts i dont have to go back and get something to drink...where would be the best place to mount a cooler on a Toro Z master ZTR....i dont think the cooler holder on the gas tank would work considering that the gas tank is plastic and also i dont know if i want to try to do something that "extreme" for a cooler (im afriad i might mess something a little expensive up)....what do you guys think would be the best place to mount a cooler and how to mount it....i was thinking on the foot rest like under you seat.....put a small cooler and drill holes in the bottum and some how mount it to the foot rest but i got to thinking and that would take up leg room....do you guys have ANY ideas

Any help or comments is GREATLY appreciated

2. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

Anyone??????? Please Some Ideas

3. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

Buy a Dixie Chopper :p

4. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

it would have to be like on top of the deck........ if you have a space on the deck make a mount for it

5. lawn_pro

lawn_pro LawnSite Senior Member

why not just use or buy a drink holder...kind of silly to mount a cooler just for a cold drink.

6. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

Yeah, I never understood the need for an entire cooler mounted on the DC mower. How remote of an area do you have to be cutting in that you need a 6 pack of anything right next to you at all times. Ok, I guess if you are mowing in death valley... But I don't see any grass there!

I guess you could also carry your lunch too, that way you would never even have to stop to eat your sandwich, chips, and soda!

Other guess for the need of the cooler is to carry a 6 pack of beer! Once you empty the cooler you will 1, not be cutting too straight, 2 need to pee bad!

7. burns60

burns60 LawnSite Senior Member

I just leave my cooler on the trailer and take a break now and then.

Even the drink holders on the ztr's are useless, because dust gets into the can from all the flying debris. Just drink at the trailer.

8. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I use the coolers on my DC's for trash, I never put drinks in them.

The longest amount of time I spend on them is about 2 hours at a stretch, if I need a drink I just ride over to the truck.

9. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

The cooler and drink holder thing always baffled me.

Even my biggest lawn (7 acres) I stop mid way through for a chug of water from the cooler IN my truck.

Other than that, I wait until I'm done.

10. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

I love the cupholder on my new mowers. I have always have a snapple bottle with the trailer, but now it fits in the cupholder of the mower