ZTR Fertilizer Applicator Question

Discussion in 'Fertilizer Application' started by Clark Landscaping, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Clark Landscaping

Clark Landscaping LawnSite Member

I searched past posts but didn't quite get the answer so...I am interested in looking at fertilizing with my ZTR mower. Is the spreader connected to ground speed at all or do you just try to go a constant speed? And...how does lime go through a JRCO or Spyker spreader? Really you should have a drop spreader for lime is there a drop spreader attachment for a ZTR Mower? Thanks for your help.

2. cemars

cemars LawnSite Senior Member

You try and go a constant speed. The only unit I know of that regulates material based on ground speed is the $12,000 Gregson-Clark Highlander. Regardless, lime will go through a JRCO or Spyker broadcast, better than a drop unless you are using pulverized. Pellitized is the only way to go.

3. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I just installed a bike speedo to my mower.

4. Clark Landscaping

Clark Landscaping LawnSite Member

Good idea on the bike speedo, electronic or cable style? Electronic with magnetic pickup would probably work well as long as the programming will support wheel size. Do you guys upsell fert program with lawn care or specialize?