ZTR Financing.............

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by K&L Landscaping, Nov 24, 2004.

1. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Could anyone tell me who might finance a new 61" deck ZTR mower. My credit is not in the best shape right now :cry: but I do have a substantial down payment. Any advice would help.

Thanks alot!!!

2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Not what you want to hear, but with bad credit it's going to probably be nearly impossible with any standard finance company/business. Sheffield based in NC is one of the largest mower financers out there, but I believe you still need very good credit with them as the others. Good luck and let us know how it works out for you though.

3. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

Not exactly what you're looking for, but, J.D. Byrider (used auto sales) caters to people who need to rebuild their credit. How does that help you? Maybe approach them and ask who to contact at their credit agencies, maybe their credit company can hook you up??? Just a thought. Do you all have JD Byrider's over there?

4. K&L Landscaping

Thanks Mike! I have at least half of the cost of the mower to pay down, I wonder if that would enhance my chances of getting approved?

5. MMLawn

It very well may. Heck, try it the worst that can happen is they say no. They also have an on line website and I think some of the makers at the top of LS also have a link to Sheffields site. They are located in Kernersville, NC.

Good luck.

6. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

Ditto on the bad news. You might have to consider used equipment if you have the money for that. You will have to build your credit again before most companys will touch a loan. You might get a local company to finance it but it will cost you dearly in huge interest rates.

7. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

Have to agree with Sheffield. I have used them before in the past and you get fast response as whether you are approved or not.

8. K&L Landscaping

Do you guy's have a website address for Sheffield?

Thanks

9. Gautreaux's LNG

Gautreaux's LNG LawnSite Senior Member

10. MMLawn

Just call them right now and explain that you have hal down. The www site shows their number as 800-438-8892. Sometimes talking works better than the net or a form.