ZTR flipping?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MrRob, Jul 3, 2008.

1. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

I have heard stories & have read the warnings, but has anyone ever flipped one? I have personally ran my scags for about 2K hrs & never came close. It holds hills great on the side. Even going up steep hills it wont flip over the back because of its 'wheelie bar'

2. JacksonLawns

JacksonLawns LawnSite Member

I personally have never flipped or come close. I have slid down hills but never flipped. A few years back when I worked with my brother in law we pulled up as one of his other guys was climbing out of a pond. He got too close and flipped a 60" Lazer backwards into the pond. It landed upside down on the bottom of the pond. We had to unhook the trailer and pull it out with the truck and a tow strap.

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

Have you ever ditched it?
    Better yet, have you ever had to ditch it?

Because if it's steep enough and there's a sudden stop at the bottom,
    also the sudden drop off I think can do it and mine didn't flip but it sure
    made for one awful moment.

4. MrRob

MrRob LawnSite Member

thats why i back down first time hills...or start at the bottom to feel it out.

5. bock

bock LawnSite Member

I get my super z up on 3 wheels all the time. I have almost taken a super mini z into a lake once because of wet grass. Other than that I havent had any roll overs or seen any.

6. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

my buddy fliped his side ways. so yes it can be done.

7. bohiaa

bohiaa LawnSite Fanatic

my helper almost flipped one of our exmarks getting it on the trailer.

there 's this proptery where we have to back off the parking lot into the grassey area to load and unload, after were almost finished we move the truck up to cut this area.

he didn't notice the truck has been moved and tried to load the 52" and if I hadent seen him and grabbed the roll bar he would have went over......

not only sideways they CAN flip backwards