ZTR for disabled dad.. narrowed down.

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by SPO Tim, Oct 6, 2004.

1. SPO Tim

SPO Tim LawnSite Member

Thanks for all the input over the past 2 weeks. We have our selection narrowed down to the Hustler Z 23/60 ($6970), Gravley 260Z 27/60 ($7899), and the 252Z 27/52 ($7399). Hustler dealer is 25 miles away, Gravley is 10. Once again, any comments, suggestions, complaints are greatly appreciated.
  2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I think you would be better off getting the hustler.
  3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I think for your dad, that electric-hydraulic lift would be a great asset. Plan ahead,... don't make him strain in any way.
  4. MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC

MJLsLawnCareNmoreLLC LawnSite Senior Member

agreed get the gravely with the hydraulic deck lift. Whether you get the 52" or the 60" is more of a choice according to yard application. I know a 60" can see a little too big at times, but they will get the job done faster than a 52". If you have a large flat yard will relatively few obsticles go for the 60"er. If you have a lot of un-even ground or lots obsticles, go with the 52"er. Plus you will love the 27 hp over the 23 hp hustler.
  5. jiw22

jiw22 LawnSite Member
    from indiana

have you ever heard oh DIXIE CHOPPER? i use them there great check them out :)
  6. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

There is a gentleman in town that is wheelchair bound. He used the Gravely 260Z. He has a hoist mounted on the rops. to lift him from his wheelchair into the mower. He has been in business for 4 or 5 years now. His helper does the trimming.
  7. SPO Tim

SPO Tim LawnSite Member

Guys and gals,
    As you read the thread, last fall my father was looking for a ZTR for personal use....... couldnt use his feet very well due to his diabetes. After getting many much appreciated suggestions from this forum, he decided to get a Hustler Super Z 25/60. Unfortunately at Christmastime he was bit on his wrist by a family member's cat and his hand became VERY infected (thanx to his circulation problems) and almost had to go thru an amputation. Thankfully he didn't but he is still going thru physical therapy and cannot grip anything with it. Therefore he has decided to sell it and recruit his family to help him mow with his old Wheelhorse. So..... I have a brand new Super Z sitting in my garage with 4 hours of practice time on it on the hour meter. It has never even mowed a full lawn..... chopped up some leaves in October, stored on jackstands thru the winter, and got it out last Saturday to see if he could control it....... and thats it. No BS here..... you can see the mower, meet my dad, and check out his hand. I love the mower but I have a white collar job and do not have the time to earn $$ by mowing with it. Anybody interested in making me a fair offer? Im also up for suggestions on what it is worth and any websites where I may be able to post it. Pass the word please. Thanks again. Tim TA369@aol.com
  8. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

There is an equipment selling forum here on lawnsite, you may want to post it there........................
  9. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

i sent you and email with my offer..