ZTR for hills

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ToroLandscaper, Jun 30, 2005.

1. ToroLandscaper

ToroLandscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

What do you guys think is the best ztr for hills. (besides the hustler whick are made for hills) I have a 52" toro and that thing wont hold hills worth **** every time i i am goin across one i find myself slidin down and screwin up the hill i no ztrs arent made for hill but the hill arent very big at all .....not very happy with the way it holds hill but everything else about it is great so which do you think would hold hills best i have heard that d choppers hold em pretty well.....commernts on best ztr mower for hills
  2. op4_camper

op4_camper LawnSite Member

Any walkbehind hydro..
  3. heavenlydeere

heavenlydeere LawnSite Member

my 777s are nearly 60" from wheel to wheel and ive put mine on hills that you have a hard time climbing , they operate smoothly on hills and hang on even on the steepest ! imo they are just as good as anything else maybe even better!!
  4. tnturbo

tnturbo LawnSite Member

My walker with a 62" side discharge does ok. With the 42" GHS deck not so good. I back up the hills with the big deck. For really steep places, I use an Exmark walk behind
  5. WoodBrothersLC

WoodBrothersLC LawnSite Senior Member

Stander is the only way to go. Nothing will beat these machines on a hill.

-Mark Wood
  6. rob1325

rob1325 LawnSite Senior Member

Scag Tiger, very low center of gravity, wide stance and tank is under seat, not saddle type which is higher up.
  7. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

I will second that statement. Its so true.
  8. lawncare4u

lawncare4u LawnSite Senior Member
    from S>C>

I have a SUPER Z 25 KA. 60'' deck and that thing will stay on a hill like glue!
    I did demo a Toro 52'' deck 23 Ko. on the same hill and that thing would not stay in place,kept heading to the bottom.The Hustler SUPER Z is awesome on a hill,flat ground or anything you decide to do. :waving: