ZTR from Alamia.com. Some assembly required !!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Turfer, Jun 7, 2000.

1. Turfer

Turfer LawnSite Member

Bigbob mentioned on an earlier post I made about assemblying equipment ordered from alamia. I called them and they said the Toro z master would need to have the wheels attached, steering mechanism attached and final set up. The savings by ordering from alamia vs. my local dealer would be around $900 due mainly to no tax.(shippin is free). What do you guys think ? Is dealer set up and support worth $900. I initially thought it was well worth it to order from alamia until bigbob mentioned set up. Your responses are appreciated as always.<br>

2. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

Unless you are a mechanic. I think i would stick to a dealor too. i was interested in that site also until I read this

3. GrassRoots Lawn Care

GrassRoots Lawn Care Guest

Two hours max for setup, that's $450 an hour. I'll take that anyday. Having a local dealer for service after the sale is another thing. <p>----------<br>Mike Reynolds,<br>GrassRoots Lawn Care, Florida

4. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Setup would be no problem, but I would still buy locally. Are you paying with a credit card or cash? Financing it would be difficult I would think. If financing like with Sheffield or something, your state would end up with a record of the purchase and you would have to pay sales tax anyway.