ZTR Front End loader attachment....

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ALarsh, Oct 10, 2004.

1. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

2. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Walker makes one for their mowers. [​IMG]
  3. mole

mole LawnSite Member

I saw something like that at the show. They said you have to have a 72" deck to use it. I wonder if you could use that with a 48 or 52. the one at the show did not have hydraulics like this one.
  4. Jusmowin

Jusmowin LawnSite Senior Member

That looks cool, I want one. It looks like it would save some labor in the long run. Great little mulch mover on larger properties.
  5. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

THAT is a great idea. Wow, what a time saver for spreading mulch or doing cleanups. My only concern would be additional strain on the hydro's when hauling an excessive amount of material. Other than that i'd say it would be extremely handy. I want one.............and I don't have a Z.............yet. :cool: :cool:
  6. pjslawncare/landscap

pjslawncare/landscap LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know, call me skeptical, but that thing dont impress me too much. Seems like it would put a lot of stress on front casters (just try calling Ex-mark to see what they say :waving: ). The electronic controls arent variable (I like to control the speed) and weight leverage would reduce power wheels traction considerably. What is the capacity of this thing and how much does it weigh by itself?
  7. ALarsh

ALarsh LawnSite Silver Member
    from Midwest

Auction says it weighs about 150 lbs and it can hold 300 lbs.

How is it supposed to dump? By the looks of the auction you have to scoop out what ever you have in it with a shovel..

I think it is going to put way too much stress on the front casters and hydros.

I thought it was quite interesting though.
  8. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Before you spend your money on something like this ask to talk to someone who has one and to see pictures of them using it. I'll be they won't do it. I build some of my own equipment and modify other stuff. There is no way that a ZTR will dig anything with this bucket, no traction and no way to steer it either. Beside that the ZTR front end will never hold up the bucket it's 150 emptyadd another 100 to 150 lbs of gravel or sand and the bushings are gone. Ask anyone who has a fertilizer spreader on the front of their ZTR about handling and the spreader full would only weigh around 125 lbs. I have a couple of tractor style Steiners that I made a 4' blade for and it works alright but even with 4x4 it's tough to do much other than move loose dirt around.
    Something like this you must demo before spending a cent.
    Acute Cut and greasy_gun like this.
  9. dwost

dwost LawnSite Bronze Member

If you look at the write up it sounds as if it does dump since you can also grade with it. I do agree if you were looking at this thing to replace a skidsteer I'd say now way; however, think of what you use a wheel barrow for......moving piles of leaves, mulch, shrubs etc... this to me seems to be extremely useful.
  10. GreenMonster

GreenMonster LawnSite Silver Member
    from NH

When you stop short on a Walker, the back wheel comes off the ground.

How can one actually pick up material in a bucket without falling on it's "face"?