ZTR Guidance

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by iceberger, Jan 27, 2005.

1. iceberger

iceberger LawnSite Member

I'm a homeowner, cutting about 2 acres. I have quite a few things to go around, and a pretty good side hill. I've decided that a ztr is the way I want to go.
    I'm starting to look seriously, and I was wondering if you guys could share some questions I should ask the dealer, and things to look for, and things to look out for? Any input would be greatly appreciated.
  2. dvmcmrhp52

dvmcmrhp52 LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Pa.

First question, Is this "pretty good side hill" as you call it going to allow you to cut it safely with a heavy zero turn rider?
  3. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Two ZTR's that I would recommend are 1. Grasshopper and 2. Hustler.

I have a GH and love it. I believe that GH's are all over Arkansas as they are SW MO area. They have excellent reliability and are built tough. Check them out at www.grasshoppermower.com They are also excellent on side hills. I have been intrigued by Hustlers lately as well. Not enough to trade my GH off but I think they make a good mower.

I am sure some on here are gonna say Exmark. Personally, I believe they are over-rated. I demoed one and didn't care for it at all.

Just make sure you demo everything before you make your decision. The dealer is a huge deal. Get to know them!