Ztr Mounted blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Accu-cut Lawn Care, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Accu-cut Lawn Care

Accu-cut Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

What's the best Ztr mounted blower setup that you've come up with? Pics, pros, and cons PLEASE!

2. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Walker and Buffalo Turbine blower...........

3. Accu-cut Lawn Care

That would be nice; but, I run Hustlers. Most of my properties are hilly, too. The walkers couldn't handle it.

4. gene gls

You go up backwards....I run backwards most of the time..Thats why I bought the Buffalo, so I wouldn't have to push a blower on the hills. Its a 1000 times faster than using a push blower. The Walker will go up a steeper hill than you can with a Hustler. I have a 25/60 Hustler S/Z with a Bac-Vac unit for collection and a EverRide 27/60 for straight s/d cutting.

5. RonB

RonB LawnSite Senior Member

Accu-cut, I have the same Huslter as you .. I've never seen it mentioned on here but, I find my ztr to be a great leaf blower itself. With high-lift blades mine will chop and blow leaves much better and faster than the backpack.

The way I do it is to walk around the house and beds, blowing the leaves with the BP onto the lawn then work them to the street.

6. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

This sounds kind of like how I do it ... I blow the leaves away from the house, trees, fence and other landscape obatacles and then use my ZTR to chop them up into mulch.

7. Accu-cut Lawn Care

I don't go up backwards... And I've been operating equipment long enough to know what a Hustler will do... and what a Walker won't.

8. Accu-cut Lawn Care

And I'm not trying debate cleanup techniques... I have a couple of 5 acre plus estates that a ztr blower would work well at. Pics please.

9. gene gls

Same here....Head down a steep hill and try stoping with the Hustler. No can do. Walker will. Its much easyer to back up a steep hill with a Walker than it is to back down a steep hill with a Hustler. Lets face it, you can't go down a steep hill with a Hustler and maintain traction. My Hustler is the most unperdictiable mower I have ever been on when doing any hill work.

10. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

Well, excuse me for making a comment !!