ZTR mounted spreaders / sprayers?

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by bruces, Apr 1, 2002.

1. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

How large do properties need to be for a ZTR mounted spreader or sprayer to be useful and efficient?

Are they useful on properties as small as 10,000 sq ft or are you better off walking on the smaller properties?

I'm just getting started in applications but interested in making things easier and more efficient?

2. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

I use mine on anything larger than 20,000sf. Largest I have treated is 80,000 sf.

Mark

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bruce

I have Lesco electric spreader. Cost about $350.00 add an other hundred to mount. Use mine on 4,000 yards and up. Once you use one you will never want to push an other spreader. Also look into right side shut off with third hole closed. Even use mine to fert shrub beds.

4. 1grnlwn

Hey Ric what is this for? Lesco dealer said DUH.

5. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

1grnlwn

If you shut off the Third hole your Lesco spreader will throw to the front and left. It will still throw a little to the right. Lesco makes or made a guard that slides up and down to block the right side. This is almost a must on small properties. Or if you spread along water or other areas that you don't want to treat. This guard was made for the push spreader but can be redrilled for fit on the electric spreader.

For many years I used my Lesco spreader with the third hole rusted shut. It was here on LS that I learned about the third hole open will throw equally to the right. Lesco now makes a third hole remote shut off. They cost about 20.00.

6. 1grnlwn

So the third hole shut-off replaces the plastic scoop. I see...............UH HUH

Mark

7. KirbysLawn

KirbysLawn Millenium Member

The third hole is to be closed when using the "scoop" or deflector, this helps reduce having too much fertilizer coming out that side and deflecting out front causing too much fertilizer in the front area.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

I typed it backwards. Should read. "Looking into third hole remote shut off for uses with right side guard or plastic scoop."

Thanks for picking my post apart. At least I know someone reads them.

9. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

Ric,

I'm confused (that's nothing new for me).

Do you mean that when you are using the side deflector you use the third hole shut off to keep the application even?

Which is the third hole?

10. 1grnlwn

Yes I beleive that makes sense. Stripe a car lot once using that side chute, trying to keep odd walks on 2 sides with 12ft between.
    Mark