ZTR Mower Jack, whats everyone using?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by blake101, Jul 15, 2012.

1. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Have a similar model machine...wait until you have to replace one side of the hydro!
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. jetta

jetta LawnSite Member

80 dollar electric hoist from nte works for a lot of things
  3. Doublewide6

Doublewide6 LawnSite Member

I use the same floor jack. I attached a heavy duty bolt to the front lip of the mower deck (in the square holes), and the bolt locks into the center of the floor jack so that it can not slip. I made a video of this jack and use the mower as an example. Here is the link.

4. firstclasstrim

firstclasstrim LawnSite Member

If you have a trailer with a ramp, drive your zero turn perpendicular to the trailer, like your about to ram the ramp. Then slow down and drive the wheel towards the bottom of the ramp up the side up the trailer ramp until it rides up onto the deck of the trailer. Yes, the majority of the mower is suspended in mid-air. Then, position that wheel (that was closest to the bottom of the ramp) so that it now "locks" into the rear corner of the trailer. You can then stand up and jump up and down on your mower, you can beat the **** out of that mower, but it's not going anywhere, but you should still use jack stands if you want to "feel" safe. It will give you the clearance you need to use a standard or battery powered impact to do your business.