ZTR Mower pains, Literally

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CrystalCreek, Apr 24, 2008.

1. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

OK, I don't know if any of you guys have experienced this. Now that the northeast is drying out and the ground is hard as rock, my walker is bouncing over every root in sight. Today I hit one that sent me flying out of my seat. The short lived flight was ended in horrible pain. How many of you guys have landed on your, um, boys. This happens several times a week. The only way to avoid this is slowing down to a crawl. I wish there was some suspension on the wheels of the mower. Oh well, just venting. Today's experience was not the way I wanted to end the day of cutting. Has anyone found a way to solve this. I can't raise my weight off the seat to much as the blade safety switch shuts off. Airing down the tires helps a little, but then it tears up the lawns more. Please help. Thanks in advance.

2. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Does the Walker have a seat-belt? If so, there's your solution. :usflag:

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

It's a little bit like riding a horse.

4. LedgedaleLawn

LedgedaleLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Like you said, airing down the tires is the only way to stop the bounce. Good luck!

5. Military Lawns

Military Lawns LawnSite Senior Member
    from Florida

Yeah! Seat Belts...LOL! Seriously, glad that you did not get hurt too bad.

6. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Are you serious? Get a suspension seat and wear a seat belt. Take some air out of the tires, 10 psi should be good.