1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR mower prices...appreciate info

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by FIRESCOOBY, Mar 20, 2006.

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Hey again. I've been posting a few questions regarding tractors and lawn renovations, etc.

I'm thinking more of maybe going into the maintenance (cutting) aspect to begin with. I can use my current truck and trailer in the beginning (2004 Tacoma 4wd V6 and 5X10 open trailer). This would allow me a lower overhead to begin with and maybe produce that aspect and hopefully ease into installs later down the road.

I live in a very rural area with virtually no dealers of ZTR's within 30-40 miles. So for me, going and browsing at mowers isn't that easy.

I was wondering what kind of prices the ZTR's run. Probably in a 52" size.

Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. fairways

fairways LawnSite Member

I have a 52" Hustler for sale, pm me if your interested
  3. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Your nearest ZTR dealer - what brand do they sell? :usflag:

FIRESCOOBY LawnSite Senior Member

Gravely, and that's it as far as commercial that I am familiar with.
  5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

There should be a Dixie Chopper dealer less than 20 miles from you in Cornelia. They're called North Georgia Equipment Parts Inc. and their address is 2660 Toccoa Hwy. There is also Jim's Mower Center in Westminster, SC about 40 miles from you.

Exmark has a dealer called Depot Power Center about 17 miles from you. Their addy is 1543 OLD BLUE RIDGE PKWY, BLAIRSVILLE, GA 30512 706-745-9671.

Hustler has several dealers, one right in Cleveland at Georgia Power Sports and Equipment. Their addy is 640 Helen Hwy, Cleveland, GA 30528 706-865-2590.

There is also a Hustler dealer in Cornelia called North Georgia Tractor. Their addy is 838 Veterans Memorial Drive, Cornelia, GA 30531, 706-778-4631.

If I had to pick the 3 best mower manufacturers available these 3 companies would be it. You need to start shopping around and getting some prices.
  6. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Do you have a computer? Every manufacturer has a dealer locator service on their web-site. There are many good brands of ZTR's out there that will have dealers in your general area. I would check out the web-sites for:

Great Dane

Good Luck!