ztr moweres

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by smorris, Feb 7, 2003.

1. smorris

smorris LawnSite Member
    from ar

Have any of you used the husquavarna? If so how did it run

2. J&R

J&R LawnSite Senior Member

I demo one last year. would not buy. if the Exmark price was 8000.00 and the Hus. was 4.95 i would still buy the Exmark

3. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

I have the compact 42 in w a 18 hp kawi. I does a good job except for hills. I have used exmark as well, they are nice machines. I am going to get two exmarks since the dealer is so close. I have gotten too big for this mower since I have some 20 plus acre accounts now. I'm trying to find a home for the one I've got now.

4. smorris

smorris LawnSite Member
    from ar

What is wrong with the 61 in 25 hp. husq ztr. I will be using it on flat ground.
    Does it cut bad?

5. IBGreen

IBGreen LawnSite Senior Member

No, it cuts well and actually does pretty well on hills. They are very expensive though. You can get an eXmark lazer z 60in. w/ a 23hp. kohler for 6999 right now. The eXmark is 4 times the mower. Much better cut, bagging, mulching, less expensive, parts are cheaper, usualler better dealer support, the seat is better, and the Husqvarna you described is about $2000 more. Trust me I've made the mistake. Unless you're getting a great deal on the Husky, run to you're local exmark guy. If he's local.

6. smorris

smorris LawnSite Member
    from ar

I can get a husq ztr 61 in cut with 25hp. motor for about $7138 tax included. Or I can get a 757 john deer 60 in 25 hp for about $8000. What should I do?

7. Husker1982

Husker1982 LawnSite Senior Member

Get the Deere!!!

8. crazygator

crazygator LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh man, thats too funny......hahaha :D :p

I demo'd at the Expo last year. I have to agree, go Exmark...and yes I own an Exmark as well. Wonderful machine. Awesome cut and will go anywhere I need or want it too. Cant say that about the Dixie I owned though!