ZTR mowers

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by atvracer557, May 1, 2010.

1. atvracer557

atvracer557 LawnSite Member
    from OK

hi all
    i know this has been ask but i lost

i'm looking for a ZTR mower to handle some rough grounds bot holes a dry creak out in the country not to bad and about 6 acres i got a small budget i would like to keep it under 5K and mow it once a week but when it rains it may be 2 -3 weeks and the grass here grow like a weed :rolleyes: i got a few i'm looking at but i'm just lost :confused: and money is tight these days i can't afford to get a lemon

thanks for your help
    Atvrace557

2. alanauer

alanauer LawnSite Member

You want the deck width to be on the smaller rather than the larger size for the drive unit, and the ability to change mow-height on the fly. I don't think there are any lemon brands, so whatever's available conveniently.

3. atvracer557

from OK

thanks for your reply i end up getting a SCAG TIGER 61" KAW 27HP and love it i went over my budget but it was well worth it

i did a lot of reading on here and this help out there was 3 i wanted then i found a good deal on a scag so it got it what i really leaned i needed a commercial mower not home depot john Deere ZTR mower

so thanks to this forum for letting me reading everyone's post and helping me make the right choice

so thanks aging for this forum and the people
    ATV

4. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

I'm all out of breath from that runnnnnnnnnnn on sentance! :laughing:

I'm an exmark fan but I'm going to recomend the Dixie chopper because of it's all terrain tires,
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. ajslands

ajslands LawnSite Silver Member

Oh I see you bought your mower, nvm then!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. atvracer557

from OK

sorry for bing long winded !!!!
    i talk the same way

:drinkup: