1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ztr question

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by glyn, Apr 20, 2006.

1. glyn

glyn LawnSite Member

i am looking for a ztr at my house, about 21/2 acres .Is a 18hp honda enough to push a 52" deck on a hustler Z? how is this price--$4506.00? are do you have any other thoughts? thanks

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Seems under powered we go with 25 horses on a 52 inch cut.

FERT-TEK LawnSite Bronze Member

Glyn, not sure where Milstadt is in IL but I am in the Chicago area and am selling my Toro Z500 in the equipment marketplace. PM me if you are interested. Might be more than what you want to spend though. below is a link to the ad
  4. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

the price seems very good. thats $1143 off msrp. the dealer has at his disposal a $700 factory discount. he is then giving you $443 additional discount. this is for the fasttrak. there is no 18hp/52" Z. i am a big hustler fan, however (and i will let others with more experience chime in here) an 18hp on 52" sounds a little underpowered, depending on how the condition of you yard. i have a 17/42 mft and that seems to be a good combination.. look at the Mini Z 19/44. higher ground speed and commercial build for about the same money.