1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR recomendation for homeowner

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by randy badeaux, Apr 18, 2007.

1. randy badeaux

randy badeaux LawnSite Member

seeking recommendations from experienced lawn care pros.

i'm currently maintaining 3 connected parcels of residential lots at .5 acre per lot. All 3 front yards flow together, rears are separated by wooden fencing. lawns are landscaped, manicured and of centipede grass (zone 8).

here's my situation, as our summers get along upward to 100+ heat index i find myself spending all of a saturday and getting pretty whipped at the completion of final power blowing task.

currently, i'm using a 10 yr old toro personal pace 21" 6.5hp ohv w/alum deck w/sharpe blade. still starts on first crank. produces beautiful finish cut.

exp pros, HERE'S my question.....i'm ready to upgrade to a ZTR, looking at 36"/42"w decks, 15/19hp, hustler mini fasttrak, gravely mini zt1534 & zt1840, toro zx440 (18/44"), xmark phazer (19/34"). j deere z225 (18.5/42").

any recommendations, i welcome your feedback (+/-), THANKS, randy

ps-can i expect the same finish cut from a small ZTR?
  2. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

search my name for info on the MFT. i have the 17/42......great cut, fast, reliable, best warranty, best factory support.
  3. dfischer

dfischer LawnSite Member
    from Il

this gets asked and answered seemingly endlessly. Seems nobody ever searches before they ask away. So, what happens is the most qualified to answer often don't, as they grow tired of the same old same old.

so, maybe search a bit.. LOTS and lots of thoughts around about what to look for, integrated pump/wheel motors, dealer support, decent decks, etc..
  4. nmurph

nmurph LawnSite Senior Member
    from ga

hey, back off. the guy is new to the site. maybe he isn't aware of the search feature. if you don't want to answer, then ignore the post. why don't you do little search yourself and then give him a link and explain the search feature.
    don't berate him bc he is looking for information and ask those he perceives to be experts for guidance. what if you went to the dr and he said "do a search, i've answered that question a thousand times today?"
  5. steve45

steve45 LawnSite Bronze Member

Scag has a new residential mower that you might look at, too.

Or, you might do what I did and buy a used commercial mower. I ended up buying a Scag Tiger Cub.