ZTR riders?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HUSKERHARLEY, Feb 21, 2001.

1. HUSKERHARLEY

HUSKERHARLEY LawnSite Member

I live in Nebraska and Encore,eXmark and toro Ztr's seem to be the mowers that the dealers seem to push,Encore looks good to me anyone agree or disagree?

2. Greenkeepers

Greenkeepers LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Ohio

Do a search on this topic. I bet you'll find that encore is not too well liked. Not to say that they are bad, but personally I don't think that they compare to exmark.

3. rdh

rdh LawnSite Senior Member

there is a encore dealer here they dont even use them for there lawn care business , they use scag and ex mark.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Welcome to Lawnsite.com :)

I have a search page on my website for past posts here at Lawnsite with 74 subjects to make it easier for new guys to find old posts. It is the middle link below or you can always find it in Help Registering and Participating, which is at the top left of every screen page on Lawnsite. I went to it and clicked on Encore and below is the search I found on this subject. I hope this helps.
    Eric
    Click on this below.
    http://www.lawnsite.com/search.php?...ctname=yes&action=dosearch&getdaily=&pagenum=

5. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I bet you can find several post from me on this subject. Encores make good bush hogs. Ok backup mower, but suck as a daily mower. Anything that can break, will. Most of the machine is put together with cheaper parts. They don't last very long. Last year I had to replace all spindle bearings 2 times. OPC switches constantly breaking, front bushings suck, and blade tip speed is slow. Only good thing I can say, it that it is a hydro so its easy to use. I bought 1 eXmark and fell in love. Its a far superior piece to the encore. Wasn't long until I bought a second eXmark. Lazer HP! I tried to sell mine to some guy that was using encores one day. He said no thanks. He wouldn't buy anymore either. I wouldn't waste my money again. Buy an eXmark and be happy, buy an encore and never have peace.

6. HUSKERHARLEY

HUSKERHARLEY LawnSite Member

Thanks...... I visted Encore and Exmark's factory yesterday they are 1 block from each other in Beatrice Nebraska.What bothers me is the fact that the founder of Exmark sold out and started Encore,you would think encore would be as good or better than Exmark,but after reading some of the stories on this web site I couldn't be more WRONG! AT encore they did tell me that they have different type of spindels,also I saw toro's at both places sitting in there warehouses,Whatsup with that?

7. Sammy

Sammy LawnSite Bronze Member

If you go to GM you will find Ford and Dodge there. Its called testing the compititions products.

8. Strawbridge Lawn

Strawbridge Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

I started a thread uest to get a feel for a Lazer HP price. Got only only 1 reply thus far. Since you have purchased them recently, How does this sound: 2000 Lazer Z HP 48 with a 21 kawa with 7 hrs, and an UVAC for $7,100 (tax incl) sound to you?
    Thanks in advance

9. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

Gary
    In May I bought a 2000 lazer 52 inch,23 kaw. for 6500.00,and in sept. bought the ultra vac for 1200.00 w/tax. It looks like for a little more you could get a 52 inch, w/23 kaw motor. Mabey check on a larger if you could use it.

[Edited by mow money on 02-22-2001 at 01:31 PM]

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

Mow money is right. The price is way to high for that mower. I also paid @$6500 for my 52" 23 kawi. It didn't have any hours on it.