ZTR Sales

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by rodfather, Jun 30, 2003.

1. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Well, today I got inside info on who sells the most Z's in the U.S...and it was from a very reliable source who I cannot mention (so don't ask, ok?). Here's the results. And no, I don't have total sales numbers cause I didn't ask.

#1 eXmark
    #2 Scag
    #3 Ferris

The 1st eXmark owner that tells me "I told you so rodfather" like 65hoss or John Gamba, is gonna get a nasty pm from me...LOL

2. barnard

barnard LawnSite Senior Member

I have a feeling that in a few years, if the other manufacturers don,t go to a full suspension system, that Ferris will move up.

3. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

Ferris Will Have to Figure We Are Mowing Lawns Not Racing Sprint cars.
    John

homeexm.gif

4. I could have told you that.....You can reach me on AIM, and you know the name.......

John, you mean all that tricked out suspension?

5. barnard

I'll bet exmark has suspension within 5 years. Probably sooner than that. Just hide and watch and remember you heard it here first!

6. Why? Is it really necessary?

All that extra weight.

7. John Gamba

from ct

If Ferris Would make the lazer with a suspension, And Ultracut deck, Then They would Be First.
    John.
    Yes Mike.

8. John Gamba

from ct

So Where Does That Leave the One that Does 10 Miles An Hour In august (Behined Dixon)
    Johnny G.

smaller 664.jpg

9. barnard

Yes - If you mow some less than perfect lawns around the fringes of the city or town, that are less than perfectly smooth . They probably were pastures to start with. I mow several small acreages like this. 2 1/2 up to 18 acres. Don't mistake this for blind brand loyalty, as I own a Kubota ZD not a ferris. Ferris made my short list because of the suspension, but no local dealer. My Kubota has an articulating frot axle which helps some. After 1/2 of a season I wish I had bought the Ferris or that my Kubota had full suspension. Plainly speaking it lack of suspension) definately slows me down on these yards. Idon't like to take a beating from a rough ride. It's only a matter of time until most manufacturers offer suspension. WE bought Z's because the are fast. suspension allows them to used to full potential.

10. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

BTW...Ferris is not far behind Scag, either. Maybe I should ask about WB's in national sales, too?