Ztr Size For Regions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bushvelt, Jan 2, 2006.

1. bushvelt

bushvelt LawnSite Member

Help please, this is only my second post & I will be a newbe this spring. After 33 years in another bus.., I am going to be an LCO. We currently live in upstate NY, but if we can manage it, we will be moving to Fla this summer. My delema is that this week I going to take delivery of a very nice, used 60" ZTR, under 200 hours, & if the move comes off, would the 60" ZTR be usable if Fla with all those small yards? Please just throw out your opinions, especially you guys in FLA. Thanks in advance !!!
  2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I've only been on my own for about a year down in FLA. I worked for someone in Ocala for about a year and now am in Gainesville on my own. The guy I worked for had 3 crews each of which had a 60" Dixie and some sort of walk behind. We mostly mowed in the retirement communities with fairly small yards and few fences. The 60" was fine and we rarely had to use a walk behind.
  3. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

The 60'' mower will be good for mowing in Florida, even with the small lawns. I use a 44z and have had great sucess, can fit it into alot of places where a wb would need to usually be used. Most setups you will see down here consist of a 60'' exmark lazer z with a 32'' wb. If you dont mind my asking, what mower are you taking delivery of and what city are you planning on moving to, all have different sized properties and demand for mowing.
  4. bushvelt

bushvelt LawnSite Member

Thanks for the info! Getting '04 JD 757, still has a full summer of warrenty left on it, $6800. We like S.E. Fla, family there & when there's free time I like the fish'n.
  5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

whats not to like about florida?
  6. beautifullawns

beautifullawns LawnSite Senior Member

My aunt lives in florida and when I was down there I saw the guy that cuts her lawn has a 52 or 60" ztr