1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR string trimmer attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by abuckeye, Apr 18, 2006.

1. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

I was working the other day and saw a string trimmer mounted to the deck of an Exmark. I did not have time to stop and ask the guy about it. Is anyone using one of these? If so who makes them?
    Any info would be appreciated.
  2. Brendan Smith

Brendan Smith LawnSite Bronze Member

try a search, i saw a thread about it not long ago
  3. laborador

laborador LawnSite Member

4. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

Thanks, I found this site and was just wondering if there were other companies out there.
  5. SEKscag

SEKscag LawnSite Member

I believe PECO inc makes one also.
  6. abuckeye

abuckeye LawnSite Member

Are they worth the money? They seem to be rather expensive.
  7. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

Not worth the money.

My dealer gave me one to try. It took me 3 times longer to put on the mower than I actually had it ON the mower.

Used it for about 20 minutes, drove back over to the truck and pulled everything off the mower. It's been in my garage ever since. The dealer hasn't even asked for it back, that was 3 years ago now.

The problem is, there's too many undulations in the ground. The edge of your mower deck is going up, while the grass around the object is slanting away, or vice versa.

I've always said, if they were that great, they'd come standard, or at least an option from all the major manufacturers.