ZTR Suggestions

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by dpullen4, May 4, 2005.

1. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I am looking at a budget between $3-4K and was wondering what your suggestions might be for the purchase of a new ZTR might be. It will be used strictly for personal use early on, but I will gradually ease my way into the business. I'm really interested in the Ariens models and the Hustler mini Fastraks have caught my attention. I saw that Hustler is having a nice rebate on the Fastrak to bring it just above the limit I was hoping to not go above, but the voices in my head tell me to buy that and never look back.

What other ZTR's in the range should I consider? I'm looking for a 36-44" deck or so and 15-17 HP will be plenty for me. The cost of the Fastrak($4399 after rebate)would be an absolute maximum I'd be willing to spend. Thanks for any other suggestions in this range I should take a look at.

2. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

They have a 34 inch Z that is in the 4 grand range good solid mower for the money. Also bad boy mowers is comming out with a compact mower i think it will be a 34 inch as well. By the way you can't ever go wrong with a hustler.

3. dpullen4

dpullen4 LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

I just looked at the 34Z...$4299. For $100 more, I could get a Hustler Fastrak 44" deck w/ 16HP Honda engine. The Hustler seems like a no brainer in that scenario.