ZTR suggestions?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jr_golf, Feb 28, 2010.

1. jr_golf

jr_golf LawnSite Member

looking to purchase a ztr that will be used for commercial use for 2 yrs and then will be retired to mowing my personal property once i finish my engineering degree. any suggestions on brand/ model for this situation? i have looked at everride, bad boy, & kubota. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

2. ok4me2xlr8

ok4me2xlr8 LawnSite Member

Out of those choices Bad-Boy, but I have a Toro it may not look as cool as the bad boy but parts are easy to get and the cut is amazing.

3. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

Go with whatever brand has the best dealer near you.

My vote goes to John Deere though.

4. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

Of the 3 mentioned, I would get the EverRide Warrior if you have a dealer close enough to suit you. All three brands should serve you well enough in the 2 year time period you mentioned and if you are then going to keep it for your personal use.

Demo them and see which you like the best and get a satisfactory deal on.

5. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

Take a Look at the new Husqvarna PZ. But they are all good just depends what you want and what your cutting. But husqvarna has not let me down.

6. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

Another vote for Toro
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Razorblades

Razorblades LawnSite Senior Member

I don't want to hijack the thread but have you had a chance to demo one of the new PZ models yet?

8. gtmorgan89

gtmorgan89 LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

9. castlerockmo

castlerockmo LawnSite Senior Member

I did, but it was just some tall grass about 4 feet high at the end of the season.:weightlifter: I am going to take it out again this spring and try it out on my manicured lawns.

10. rcslawncare

rcslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

Go toro, it will be a nice reliable machine! Cut is goods and will last forever with what your going to do!