ZTR Sun Shades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by DEEJ, May 15, 2006.

1. DEEJ

DEEJ LawnSite Member

Folks,

Do any of you have sun shades on your ZTRs? Did you make them or buy them?

Exmark makes a shade, but only for the ZTRs with roll bars. What about us with "old" 2003 machines?

Do any of you have shades that fit to the machine's seat?

Last year at Home Depot I saw a sun shade for the John Deere tractors that used flexible fibreglass rods like tent poles. The rods bent and flexed and slipped into holes in the body of the machine. The shade was a very light tent fly type material - perfectly adequate to provide shade. Light enough that it wouldn't rattle. With the flex rods it looked like it would pull away if you caught it on something - simply stop and put it back in. Has anyone adapted something like this to their Z, or is there a commercial product like this for the Z?

Brand does not matter if the product can be adapted. I'll put a JD shade on my Exmark if it saves my skin! :eek:

Let's face it, no amount of sunscreen is as good as a shade.

Any ideas?

deej

2. LawnGuy73

LawnGuy73 LawnSite Bronze Member

No shade here.

3. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

i was thining of buying one for my broadmoor, just to use on the wide oped fields, or in a light rain.

4. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

As many limbs as I catch with my rops in the down position I'd say they wouldn't last very long on my accounts. But if you are mowing big open area's why not?

5. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have something better than a shade on mine -its a 15inch fan that blows air down onto you! www.cooltops.com