ztr sweeper

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Sir mowsalot, Jan 7, 2005.

1. Sir mowsalot

Sir mowsalot LawnSite Senior Member

For no particular reason i got thinking about this today. Im not even sure how i got on this train of thought. But anyway, i got thinking what if you could somehow remove the blades and fabricate some kind of "blade brushes " for sweeping streets or whatever else. Seems like you would have to make a rubber strip that goes down past the mower deck to the street because the brushes would hang down past the deck and crap would be flying out everywhere. Then you could make a lined bagger at the discharge chute to collect the dust. Could it really be that easy? Just seems to simple to work. The brushes would have to be heavy duty, becuase they would be spinning extrememly fast. Heck if i keep on thinking like this i will invent a concrete finisher ztr. I could put steel trowels on it instead of blades.
  2. Kelly's Landscaping

Kelly's Landscaping LawnSite Platinum Member

I think the company name was rad they have something like that for the exmark.
  3. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Are you talking about ones similar to e-techs?
  4. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Its been tried. Not myself but another lco/sweeper operator. But it won't work very well. It will throw sand out both sides of the deck. Its easier to just buy walk behind power broom.

JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member

they already have a concrete finisher out . they are like 70 inches wide and can 500,000 sq ft plus in one day .
  6. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Grasshopper has one for their frontmounts. I've seen it in action and it does a very good job.