ztr tie down

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mdb landscaping, Apr 20, 2001.

1. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping LawnSite Silver Member

how many people tie down their ztr? i just got two trimmer racks and a backpack rack from greentouch industries. i also bought a mower hold down for my scag walkbehind because that tends to roll all over the place. i also have an exmark 60 inch lazer. i am wondering still with the ebrake on will it move around a whole lot. this will be in an enclosed trailer.should i buy another mower hold down for that?

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

I would tie it down. I know it takes a little extra time but you have put your hard earned money into this equipment and I dont think you want to be working on it because some dingleberry driving along in front of you causes you to slam on brakes and your equipment moves around uncontroled.
    Or if for some unknown reason you forget to close the door and it goes rolling off and into traffic. Tie it down for your own good.

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I don't roam very far (max 6 miles from shop) so I don't tie anything down. What I did was buy some 3/4" conduit (electical pipe) and I put it in the front and rear of the rear tires of my machines. In 5 years of using the conduit my mowers have only moved one time and that was when the rear bumper of a 3 ton Suburban stopped my forward progress. That was when I had my S-10. Suburban damage=$0, S-10 damage=$900.00.

4. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

I use Chock Blocks and tie downs both. The hand brakes will lock the wheels, but it won't keep them from bouncing around.