ZTR Tires?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jnjnlc, Jul 14, 2001.

1. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I am needing new tires on my Toro ZTR. Any suggestions for best traction and ease on the turf. I currently hate the tires I have. They get no traction at all. I need something that will help hold on hills a little better.

2. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

jnjnic are you useing turf savers now? Thats what i am running and they are doing well.You could try the sts flotation-turf they hold good,try landscapers supply and look at them. Marks Mowing Service
  3. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

Yes, they are the turf savers. I checked out Landscapers Supply. I did not see any tires. I orded a catalog. Maybe they will be in there.

I was wondering how the bar style that the dixie has works? Carlisle sells several different kinds. Not that I am partial to Carlisle but it seems to be the main ones available.
  4. Mark

Mark LawnSite Senior Member

They will be in the catalog ive got the 2001, You might want to check out Raben Tire or a local Dealer in your area, I purchased my last set for my walkbehind and they were 29.00 per tire. Marks Mowing Service
  5. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Here is an on line place that seems to have decent prices and pictures of the tires.

The Chopper tires will tear up a lawn unless you make a 3 point turn. When the ground is hard as it is now, they don't mess up anything.
  6. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I put Carlisle Turf Master tires on my Kees ZTMax. They are far superior to the Titans that came on it.

WALKERMOW LawnSite Member

i have ordered several sets of tires from cedarrapidtires.com ..can't go wrong there..tractor lug on my 928d grasshopper and turf master on my walkers
  8. jnjnlc

jnjnlc LawnSite Member

I stand corrected. I currently have Carlisle Turf Master's on it.
  9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

Really???? Man, mine work so much better than the ones that came on my mower. Oh well, don't buy those then. BTW, how much air do you run in them?
  10. fdew

fdew LawnSite Member

I needed more traction and on advice from this list I went with ATV tires (I chose Carlisle badlands) (a rather tame bow tie pattern byt ATV standards. I like them a lot.

Note. You probably will need to go up or down a inch in outside diameter to find ones that fit your wheels.