ZTR Tires

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Keith, Feb 21, 2000.

1. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

My Kees ZTMax almost went over a wall today. It got stuck against it on a hill with the wall at the bottom, that seperates another level. (Really steep) I'm not really happy with the Titan Turf Trac tires on it. Who has the best tire for this application, they are 23-10.5/12's. <p>Also, you Lazer guys, does the 24-12/12 optional tire fit the same rim as the standard tires, or is it a different wheel also?
  2. Lazer

Lazer LawnSite Bronze Member

24-12/12 Tires are standard on the Lazer Z 1999 and newer. I think they're the same rim, they look like it. We've not interchanged a tire, so I can't say for sure.
  3. southside

southside LawnSite Senior Member

We have Titan Turf Trac tyres on our Kubota<br>T1760 and they are hopeless.I saw that Walker<br>have an optional tyre for their mowers.I'm<br>going to look into it for our mower.
  4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

I use Dico turf tamers on my grasshoppers. You can find them on just about any ATV web site. They give very good traction with very little turf damage. Thanks, Lynn
  5. Keith

My 721 Grasshopper has the Chevron style bar tread tires. You would think they would do more damage to grass but they do less than the Titan's. In fact the Kees was in such a jam yesterday, I couldn't get the truck to it to pull it out. I didn't think it was going to work, but the Grasshopper pulled it right out. :)<p>
  6. ojonesy

ojonesy LawnSite Member

The Titan Turf Trac R/S is about the least aggressive tire on the market. However, Titan makes a Multi Trac C/S which has a much more aggressive tread (also deeper). It's made for commercial service. More info. on tires go to www.kenjones.com.
  7. Keith

Do the round shoulder tires have any real advantage? My Turf Trac's would still tear grass if you weren't careful, I can't imagine a square shoulder tire being much worse.<p>ojonesy, how much do the Multi Trac's sell for? In your opinion, that is the best suited tire for this application?<p>Lynn, do your Dico's look like the tires on the Bobcat rider?<p>
  8. brucec32

brucec32 LawnSite Platinum Member

The multi tracs on my lazer z hp are labeled Carlisles, for some reason. As far as I can tell, they're much more slippery than the turf masters I had on a previous hp. They're also a very odd size, 24x9.5x12. I've never seen replacement tires in this size. I'm thinking of going with 23/24 x 10.5x 12 turf masters to improve grip.
  9. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

10. Keith

Whoa! You dug way back to find this thread :D I went with Turf Masters on that mower and Turf Masters again when those wore out. Much better than the Turf Trac R/S. The more squared shoulder of the Turf Master didn't seem to tear the grass any more than the Titans.

My new Lazer has the Carlisle Multi-Tracs 24x12-12's. I assume they are the same as the Titan Multi-Trac C/S. Haven't really had a chance to judge them yet. They may be a little more slippery than the Turf Masters, but they don't suck anywhere near as bad as the Turf Trac R/S did on the Kees :D