Ztr Traction Issue

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by #1Pappy, Jul 17, 2008.

1. #1Pappy

#1Pappy LawnSite Member

Am I the only one that has trouble with traction with my machine?
    We bought a new Exmark Lazer Z EFI in May, and since then I find that it's a ditch magnet! If the property is not perfectly dry and level, this baby will slide sideways into the deepest pit imaginable. Of course every property I mow, has at least one small embankement, or a tree rot that rides 1/2 inch above the ground that my tires spin over. I swear that if you spit on the grass, and I drive over it, I'll go sideways! The tires are Carlisle Multi-Trac 24X12-12. I've altered the tire pressure from the recommended 13PSI up to 15 and as low as 10, with only minimal improvement at 11PSI. I got nothing from the dealer, am waiting for a response from Exmark (don't expect much), and am looking today for replacement tires that are more aggressive. Oh yeah, I do slow down, if not, this baby will send you on a trip when you least expect it, and you lose all control! I'm hoping that enough of us have experienced this issue that we can collectively get some satisfaction.
  2. subs1000w

subs1000w LawnSite Member

more agrssive tires should help also lowering the pressure more will help you just have to worry about poping the tire off the bead if you go to low
  3. heather lawn sp

heather lawn sp LawnSite Senior Member

I find the Multitracs very 'polite' tires. We went to the Carlisle Turf Tamer for our hill climbing mower. Not sure if it's available in 24-12 12
  4. Tires&wheels

Tires&wheels LawnSite Member

Turf Tamer doesn't come in 24x12.00-12. The Turf Master has a little smaller crown and comes in a 24x12-12. PN 511409
  5. CutNLawns

CutNLawns LawnSite Member

Check the pressure in your front tires. If they are too soft you are actually lifting the rear tire every time you try to manuver around something because the fronts squish. Even 14lbs would not cut if for me and I had to run closer to 20 in my tires of the same size (different machine). Went to the zero flats and have no more traction issues.