ZTR & WB Mfg suggestions for new Dealer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lancetaylor, Dec 19, 2002.

1. lancetaylor

lancetaylor LawnSite Member

I'm in the process of opening a new lawncare dealership in a town with the population of 75,000 and would value the opinions of commercial contractors on which line of mowers to sell.

The established dealers we would compete with already carry ExMark, Encore, Walker, Grasshopper and Gravely.

Due to a weak dealer and very strong customer base I'll more than likely pickup Grasshopper, mostly for the service work but want to carry another line as well.

I've spoke with the following manufacturers, which are not represented in our area:

Scag

Dixie Chopper

Husqvarna

Great Dane

Hustler

Ferris

I'd like to hear your opinions on which line(s) you would recommend to compliment the Grasshopper line. I'll need both the ZTR's and Walk-Behinds, so may have to do two manufacturers to get both products.

Thanks
    Lance

2. cajuncutter

cajuncutter LawnSite Senior Member

My local dealer here carries Hustler and Gravely along with Grasshopper
    I am a hustler fan...I have had good luck with mine and next purchase I make will be another. Good luck!!

3. rodfather

rodfather LawnSite Fanatic

Ferris, Ferris, Ferris...did I say Ferris?

We have been avid Ferris fans for 9 years now. Been using their WB's for that long and just picked up one of their Z's. Used their 3-wheelers in the past (both 61" and 72") as well.

They're a good company...check them out.

4. bruces

bruces LawnSite Senior Member

I would strongly suggest Hustler!

5. lancetaylor

lancetaylor LawnSite Member

Bruce,

i noticed your just down the street (60-70 miles) from us.

Where do you buy your Hustler mowers? What other lines do they sell? I may contact them and discuss Hustler's service, etc.

LCT

6. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

Lance,

E-mail me @ hustler@twcny.rr.com

I can get you in contact with your regional Hustler representative.

Thanks
    Pj

7. bubble boy

bubble boy LawnSite Bronze Member

i'll second ferrris. i'm pretty sure you'd do well with hustler and scag too.

got something against toro????:D

8. Farmboy

Farmboy LawnSite Member

I will tell you about one you should look at real hard would be an BLADERUNNER. I had one and it was just awesome! Priced right or at least competitive and good support for me anyhow!

9. P&J Lawncare

P&J Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

HUSTLER,HUSTLER,HUSTLER

10. Doc Pete

Doc Pete LawnSite Gold Member

Besides the obvious success of their Riders, their WB’s are second to none. And, IMO, the walk behind market will increase as the average lawn gets smaller and smaller. Furthermore, the only reason Hustler WB’s aren’t used more is because of the tunnel vision of the “buyer”. Once the “buyer” becomes educated, watch out; the Hustler control system, ruggedness, quality of cut, and overall craftsmanship, are the best.
    Pete
    PS.. Rod, if you like your Ferris's, picture a Ferris with a great control system. Now you have a Hustler WB:p