ZTR Winch + 2" Reciever!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by BSDeality, Jul 19, 2006.

1. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Just thought I would share my little life-saver modification I did to my Gravely 260Z. I added a front and rear 2" reciever tube to my machine.

This allows me to hook put a draw bar in my machine and pull my trailer around the driveway w/o hooking up the truck, can use it to pull my 60" aerator, and I modified my 2K lb atv winch to sit on a 2" insert, so I can put the winch on the front or rear of my machine if I need to get out of a pickle.

2. BSDeality

here is the rear bumper I made with the 2" tube. it is re-inforced with 1/2" stock underneath.

3. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

4. BSDeality

come again?
  5. Tim03

Tim03 LawnSite Member

That looks very nice. I often wondered how you would get a machine that can wiegh well over 1000 pounds unstuck when its in the middle of someones grass.

What is a Cobler?
  6. BSDeality

my next trick is to make a land anchor so that if I'm not close enough to any trees I can still get out. I use my big web ratchet straps around trees or off the truck or trailer if I'm close enough to the road.

As you can see by the mud on the tanks, I had to use the winch just last week as I lost the machine in a ditch.

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

lol That was funny it seems it will work a cobler lol seems you have a lot of time on your hands,i have thought if one of the small electric winches would work.
  8. BSDeality

was that english?
  9. mulcahy mowing

mulcahy mowing LawnSite Senior Member
    from ma

I guess they get something we don't ;) ;)

looks good nice welds
  10. Jason Rose

Jason Rose LawnSite Fanatic

I bought an old 503 Dixon from a homeowner once that he had scabbed a small winch onto the front of! He said he used it to move around RR ties that he used to have lining his driveway... Made NO sence to me as anything over the weight of the machine, which was not much over 600 pounds, would just drag it instead of what you were hooked too! and it was not used for getting unstuck, there was no dirt and the property was 100% flat as a pancake! I cut it off and still have it, works good, slow as heck though, has to be powered OUT even and is only rated at like 1,200 pounds...