ZTR with a folding deck

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by A.T.A.K, Sep 12, 2005.

1. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

I keep hearing about a new ZTR with a folding deck to allow you to go through 36in gates. If any of you know of this model or brand let me know.

2. Gatewayuser

Gatewayuser LawnSite Bronze Member

Cub Cadet 48 to 36

3. A.T.A.K

A.T.A.K LawnSite Senior Member

Is it a ZTR and what is there web site.

4. Brianslawn

Brianslawn LawnSite Silver Member

walker with a 36" deck

5. ChadA

ChadA LawnSite Senior Member

6. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

That's such a great idea!. . .but it is 100% useless to me, just like the ingenious Gravely 34Z. For me it has to be a 32" mower. Anything wider simply won't fit because the small gates here are like 34" wide with the gate all the way open. So a mower that only folds to 35.5" inch is as useless in a backyard as my 60" ztr. Oh well, I keep hoping somebody will do it right eventually. . .congrats to those who it will help.

7. Frontier-Lawn

Frontier-Lawn LawnSite Silver Member

hustler makes one also that the whole deck swing up

8. MBDiagMan

MBDiagMan LawnSite Senior Member

ATAK,

The Z Wing 48 is a good concept, but be careful in buying one. The early ones had lots of problems with the foldup mechanism. They are redesigning and getting the bugs out, but not many have sold, so it would be very easy to get one from a dealer that is one of the first and has been setting there awhile.

Also understand that these models have the same engines that they put on the residential units. They do have good pumps and motors though.

Also the frame is narrow giving less lateral stability.

Good luck,
    Doc

9. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

They have a 23hp Kohler command fully pressurized engine. With White wheel motors and hydro-gear pumps. I'm always leary on first year models. I would wait 2-3 years myself. :)