1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ztr wont stay running

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Mark4, May 7, 2004.

1. Mark4

Mark4 LawnSite Member

My bobcat ZTR starts but when you let of the key ,it stops running checked fuse under the seat and found it somewhat melted,replaced and it started,today same problem but fuse was not melt. it sound like not enough fuel? any help would be apreciated.
  2. fixer67

fixer67 LawnSite Silver Member

Melted fuse= electric problem. We have had Walkers with Kohler 26 HP EFI engines to do the key switch deal. Start and run but as soon as you let off the key the engine would die. It turned out to be bad key switches in every case. No melted fuse though. As far as what you said about fuel there is a fuel solenoid on most engines now days, I do not know what kind of engine you have. If that solenoid loses power you do run out of fuel in a manner of speaking. Once what fuel is in the intake manifold is used up the engine deads. You need to find what melted that fuse before you have fire on your hands.
  3. xcopterdoc

xcopterdoc LawnSite Senior Member

bad ignition sw. replace it.
  4. Mark4

Mark4 LawnSite Member

I agrre /It turned out to be the keyswitch/Thanks