ztr wow

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by B LAWN CARE, Apr 20, 2001.

B LAWN CARE LawnSite Member
    from nc

I got my first ztr 2 days ago man how did I do with out it
    any tips I need to now

Any will help
  2. Cutter1

Cutter1 LawnSite Bronze Member

hills!!! Never turn down a hill unless you have a place to land because you will not stop, especially if its wet. Always turn up a hill, you can pretty much back down any hills, but when you turn down a hill, look out.
  3. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

forget the zero turn until u can do it with out
    tearing up the turf.i call myself pretty good w equipment
    but still cant zero without marking the turf .
    i feel it coming ,but not yet.
  4. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

Congratulations on your new ZTR. Now you know what all the hoopla is about! Here's my tip, if you can't ride your ZTR on the lawn, you don't want that lawn!
  5. MikeGA

MikeGA LawnSite Member

Can we give Bob a big AMEN?!?!?
  6. beck

beck LawnSite Senior Member

Today was the first day out with my new Dixie.

Last week I did my 6 largest properties, 5 acre lots and a smaller lot, with my 36 inch walk-behind and velke at the end of the day i was worn out. today was a different story i also shaved a good hour off the time. I just came in from setting it up with doubl blades.

I got XW2503-60(painted) because they are 600 units behind in production on the XW2500-60(stainless)
  7. HOMER

HOMER LawnSite Gold Member

Beck, It won't cut any different, the decks are the same.

Ya, never point it downhill and try to stop it..........it usually won't!
  8. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

Congrats on the new Chopper. :)

Take care of it and it will take care of you too. In case you haven't read my tips on maintenance of a Chopper, you might want to read them on my website. Most find them useful. Good luck and enjoy your new toy.
  9. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

Practice practice practice the zero turn. Nothing looks worse than skid marks on a otherwise sharp looking lawn. Worse than scalps in my opnion. I make my new guys drive the ztr on a pea gravel driveway to get used to it. When they can turn w/o spinning the wheels they can use it to mow.
  10. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I would have e-mailed you this, but no mail button for you? Anyway, do you happen to surf (waves)? If you do, do you know a Murray Ross? He is related to me and we vacation at his place(s) in Nags Head. He makes custom long boards.