Ztr $$$$$$

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheLawnShark, Jan 29, 2007.

1. TheLawnShark

TheLawnShark LawnSite Member

What is the most inexpensive ztr mower?? Not cheap as in quality, but cheaply priced $$$ .....

2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

"Cheapest" and I use that term lightly that I can think of are the machines that have deck sizes from 34" to 40+". The prices that most start at are $5K+.
    What brands do you have dealers for?, what deck size?, what engine size?

Rob

3. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, plz explain ur price range and preferances and we can help you out

4. TheLawnShark

TheLawnShark LawnSite Member

bo larger than a 48 deck... the engine size doesnt matter greatly... i dont need a 26 HP motor on the back or something.... $3500 or less....

This may not be possible, but any suggestions are most definately welcome!!!! :cool2:

5. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

Option 1;Hustler mini fastrack, a lot of good features and well built, ezt hydroaxles are a little iffy though. Gunna run you at least 3k

Option 2;Simplicity consumer z(that is the name). All around solid machine but a stamped deck=homeownerish looking. Does have the pump/motor drive system though. At least 3.5k

Both units are a little light to be called commercial but what do you expect to get when you ask for a ''cheap'' machine? I have finally out grown my 48 bobcat wb and i'm buying a simplicity 44/18 this week.

6. greengiant9963

greengiant9963 LawnSite Senior Member

In general pricing I found that Lesco was the cheapest priced. At least in the ZTR department.

7. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Maybe used at that price but it'll likely be at the end of it's useful life.

A new machine with a 48" deck is most likely going to run $6K+ depending on dealer and brand, it'll have around 19hp to 20+hp.

I hop I was a little bit of help. You could also look in you local phone book for equipment dealers and call around and see what you can find.

Good Luck

Rob

8. Mr Priceless

Mr Priceless LawnSite Senior Member

always remember that more HP is more helpful, and more than likely required, at least, from MY assumtion of quality is metalwork + design of a hopefully commercial piece of equipment (i mean, you want commercial equipment to be going commercial, right?). And quality-designed equipment are heavy, and need those big engines to be pushing them with. Otherwise, simply, you get what you pay for. Period. But then there is USED quality equipment AND walkbehinds:rolleyes:

9. Lazer_Z

from NJ

Just to add to what green just said about Lesco. I just went to the Lesco site and a Lesco Z Two 48" is $6,199.00.

Rob

10. jtkplc

jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member

From what I know I would say Lesco as well.