Ztrak 737 Demo, Darn Salesman!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bbailey, Jul 22, 2006.

1. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

Had to take my L120 tractor in for service and the super salesman at my John Deere dealer let me take a 737 for a demo. So I did and mowed 2 lawns with it in half the time it normally takes me! Damn JD salesman, now I have to own one! What a machine, after using a walk-behind and a lawn tractor for years, there is no comparison as to what this machine will do. Awesome:clapping:

2. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

what was the cost?

3. bbailey

bbailey LawnSite Member
    from Vermont

2006 757 Z-trak, 54 inch deck was $7,300. Better price because it was an in stock unit and it qualified for a John Deere rebate if you buy before 7/28/06. That does not include tax. Pretty good deal I thought.

4. mike lane lawn care

mike lane lawn care LawnSite Bronze Member

buy it now, don't look back, you can double your client numbers

5. TrpD345

TrpD345 LawnSite Member

I bought the exact same mower about a month ago. I love it more every time I mow with it! I put the mulch kit with it and have been very pleased with it also. I intend to buy the Dump from the Seat MCS soon for fall clean up. You will love it!

6. par69

par69 LawnSite Member

I just bought the 757 with the mulch on demand. 60 inch. I loved the demo. I wanted the 727A but the only one they had to demo was a 737 with a 54 inch deck. I told him that it was to big. So I tried it and thought that if it works a 60 inch would work.

The 737 with the 54 inch deck was hard to trim with. The 60 sticks out more. If I would have went with the 54 inch deck I would have went to the 727 with the smaller wheel base.

I think he just wanted me to spend more $$. $10235 but who's counting!!

I had a hustler fast track but there was no comparison.

7. dcgreenspro

dcgreenspro LawnSite Senior Member
    from PA

bought a 777 this year and has made mowing very enjoyable, only thing killin me is all the trimmin. par69 how do you like the on demand mulch system? was thinking of getting it.

8. par69

par69 LawnSite Member

I liked the demo. I watered some tall grass to see how it would do. It did great. Almost perfect.

You need to demo one. I do apartments with lots of sidewalks and flower bed. I trim with the rider. I also side discharged getting the beds messy. The apartments owners thought it was a good idea getting the mulch on demand.

9. QualityLawnCare4u

QualityLawnCare4u LawnSite Gold Member

I have enjoyed mine also. Only thing I dont like is the knob you adjust the deck height with. Mine started giving problems around 200 hours and had to be replaced. I feel like its not strong enough for the weight of the deck.