ZTRs and walkbehinds prices???

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BotetourtBoy3, Jul 26, 2007.

1. BotetourtBoy3

BotetourtBoy3 LawnSite Member

What is the cheapest brand of ZTR and walk-behind mowers that are commercial rated?
  2. KeepOnCuttin

KeepOnCuttin LawnSite Member

You get what you pay for. Keep that in mind when asking a question like this :nono: Go to Home Depot if you are serious.....
  3. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

You will have to shop your area and determine what size you need to handle the properties your trying to maintain. There are a lot of great brands out there. You basically will have to just shop around. Just remember that cheap is not alway's the best way to go.
    Good Luck
  4. Kid With A Mower

Kid With A Mower LawnSite Member

Yes, cheaper is not always better. you get what you pay for. I would look around for used commercial equipment.
  5. MJS

MJS LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely is slighty cheaper than Toro and Exmark. . .
    But you do get what you pay for.
  6. BQLC

BQLC LawnSite Senior Member

it is the other way around here
  7. avjohnson

avjohnson LawnSite Member

Lesco is cheap compared to the others up here.
  8. Neal0301

Neal0301 LawnSite Member

Does Lesco make good mowers?
  9. avjohnson

avjohnson LawnSite Member

People around here like them. I haven't used one personally but have heard good things.
  10. DodgeTruckMan731

DodgeTruckMan731 LawnSite Senior Member

cheapest WB i have seen would be Redhawks startin off at like 1500, and cheapest Ztrs i have seen run around 4500 around here, but keep in mind you definatly get what you pay for going the cheap way wont always save you money