ZTR's from Southern mower sales

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scooter978, Mar 22, 2005.

1. scooter978

scooter978 LawnSite Member

Southern mower sales in Nashville, TN has two ZTR's on e-bay. Is there anyone out there that had dealings with Southern mower sales?
    61" ZVKH6127 Yazoo 27 HP $6999.00 plus freight to PA $500
    61" IZ6123 Husqvarna 23 HP Kaw $6199.00 plus $500 freight. Some assembly required on both. Is this to good to be true?

2. PLM-1

PLM-1 LawnSite Bronze Member

"some assembly required"? that sounds scary! The freight sounds a little low for the weight! Get the weight of the machine and call around and see what kind of quote you get!

BTW, 23 hp on a 61" is a little weak!

3. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

Both of those brands suck!

The dealer probably can't move them locally so he is desperate!

Buy real Z's from the major manufacturers like ExMark, Scag, Bob Cat, Great Dane, Deere etc..

4. Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge LawnSite Member
    from 22903

I found this thread in the archives.
    Southern Mower Sales now has completely assembled ZT's. For example, I called about the 27 HP Toro Zmaster, $7600 plus about $400 shipping to my door. Brand new, factory warranty.

Anybody dealt with these folks?

5. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

The dealer in Houston where I purchased my Hustler Super Mini Z told me he would ship a unit in the crate if that is what somebody wants.You would have to bolt on the seat,levers and air filter.Mine was $6400 which is a good deal.If you want his name and # just let me know.

6. Blue Ridge

from 22903

Sounds good, but I was interested in the 60" Toro. Does he sell Toro's?

7. tstrong

tstrong LawnSite Member

I know he has Hustler and Gravely, not sure about any others, give him a call and find out : Ray Sustala at Cypress lawn and Turf 1 800 775-1574. Good luck finding what you need. :)

8. lawn perfection

lawn perfection LawnSite Senior Member

I have not bought any mowers form them (they don't carry exmark) but have bought trimmers, velkie's, seed, fert etc. very easy to deal with and very good customer services.

9. Tn Lawn Man

Tn Lawn Man LawnSite Senior Member

Is the name of the company Southern Lawn & Equipment?

If so yes, I deal with them all the time. Know all of them by first name.

10. Blue Ridge

from 22903

Yep, I think that is the same place. They are in Nashville. That's a hard to beat price.