1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR's Levers Positioning

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Grass Man, Apr 30, 2005.

1. Grass Man

Grass Man LawnSite Senior Member

.... On ZTR mowers, do you prefer the levers (position) between your legs like on the Toro and Great Dane or on the outside of your legs (position) like Scag, Dixie Chopper, Kubota etc. :eek: :rolleyes: :)?
  2. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

definately on the outside
  3. Envy Lawn Service

Envy Lawn Service LawnSite Fanatic

Comfort wise, I like them on the outside...

But safety wise, I like the Great Dane style much better.

I don't like the idea of being trapped under the sticks with no ROPS.... AT ALL!!!

I can't see for the life of me WHY these MFG'S insist on designing them as traps where they only swing away in neutral.

In my eyes, this is just not necessary at all...
    But then maybe there is something I'm missing.
  4. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 LawnSite Senior Member

I like the outside scag postion because thats all i've used. I can't imagine sliding forward hard with them levers between your legs. ;)
  5. Itsgottobegreen

Itsgottobegreen LawnSite Silver Member

Well one manufacture did do this. See the Wright sentar. It has full bail out capabilities. No tree damaging ROPS and no death trap steering controls.
  6. BSDeality

BSDeality LawnSite Silver Member

Gravely has been doing this for some time also.
  7. duramaximizer

duramaximizer LawnSite Member

Hey get something like a kubota with a rops and you don't have to worry about it.
  8. Envy Lawn Service

Yup... and the Sentar WILL be a consideration for my next mower IF I can get a good long DEMO. As in like I would hold the 2-Day Quick Trak demo over their heads.... I need some seat time with that mower....
  9. captken

captken LawnSite Bronze Member

Suspicious minds....Drama Queen posting above...lol...Elvis lyrics.... :angel: Sticks on the outside for me. Mowers pinning me to my death....ain't gonna happen.
  10. Envy Lawn Service

Yeah, I like the Gravely break-away type sticks.
    But I think they should work on the design a bit.
    Needs a little better shape like so / \ instead of so flat (but not that steep)