1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

ZTR's with Lights?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by webdrifter, Jul 4, 2004.

1. webdrifter

webdrifter LawnSite Member

Which ZTR mowers can you get with lights, or light kits? I know the Hustler super z cannot have lights because of a voltage issue . Does anyone know if the Kubota ZD series has light kits available?

I see a lot of grasshopper mowers with factory lights. I wonder why this is not standard on most mowers. In the fall when I'm working a lot of overtime I find myself mowing, and doing leaf work after dark quite often.
  2. chuckers

chuckers LawnSite Senior Member

for leaf clean up you mite be better off with grasshopper because there baggers are awesome
  3. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

You can get a light kit for the Deere Ztracs - about $175 installed I think.
  4. bls47303

bls47303 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Indiana

Just get yourself a cheep set of fog lights and hook them up to a deep cycle mareen battery. That way it doesn't void your mower warranty.
  5. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I made my own bracket and mounted a light on my Lazer for a total cost of less than 20 bucks. I just ran a fusable link and had it run directly from the battery. I had no issues with warranty. I've had alot of people ask about it as it looks like it is factory. It's mounted high enough to clear the footpedal without shadowing, and is well out of the way.

6. Steve1

Steve1 LawnSite Senior Member

Looks nice Runner. Cool install.
  7. sbvfd592

sbvfd592 LawnSite Senior Member

whta mower u have
  8. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

My Grasshopper does and I use it for my lawn almost every week since I spend most of my time mowing everyone elses during the day. I agree with Chuckers on the bagger and I can't wait to spend the additional 1400 bucks to get mine. May be sooner than later if the rain doen't stop.

9. jbt

jbt LawnSite Member

Gravely has a light kit for its mowers
  10. VolRog

VolRog LawnSite Member

BushHog Ztr's have lights as a standard item. Straight from the factory with lights, how about that.