ztr's

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by zeblowe, Jun 27, 2002.

1. zeblowe

zeblowe LawnSite Member

looking at the scag couger any body know anything about them
    i like the center discharge any comments please I'M BYING A ZTR AND SO FAR I AM SET THE SCAG

2. awm

awm LawnSite Gold Member

i can highly recommend the lazer by exmark.just hard to beat it.

3. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Not to down SCAG anymore than it needs to be, but....

IF I were going to buy a Small bagging front mount mower, it would probably be a .....gulp.....Walker. (There, I said it :( )

The only thing the Cougar may have on the Walker is their 52" bagging deck, and maybe some more groundspeed, and an overall larger/heavier package.

I don't usually consider front mounts to be what we call a "ZTR". Yes they can turn a zero turn, but they are usually much longer than they are wide, and therefore aren't usually as maneuverable as a ZTR.

Good Luck

4. zeblowe

zeblowe LawnSite Member

IS THE COUGAR 48" CONSIDERED SMALL? IT CUT PRETTY FAST
    PLUS YOU COULD GET NEXT TO FLOWER BEDS ON EITHER SIDE
    UNLIKE SIDE DISCHARGE

5. zeblowe

zeblowe LawnSite Member

ALSO IT SAID I HAD 13 REPLYS HOW DO I GET THEM?:confused:

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

If you want a bagging mower, only way to go is the Walker.

Other than that, eXmark only!!:blob4:

7. zeblowe

zeblowe LawnSite Member

WHY IS THE WALKER SO GOOD FOR BAGGING?

8. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Well in its class, the Cougar is probably one of the bigger front mount baggers. 48" and their 52" rear discharging into the bagging impeller are pretty big too. Many Walkers are 36-48".

As for its size compared to ZTR's, yes its on the small size. With the most popular ZTR size being the 60" class, and next being the 72" size.

If all your doing is bagging, the Walker/Cougar are pretty good units. Pretty expensive compared to larger regular ZTR's.

9. zeblowe

zeblowe LawnSite Member

DOES WALKER HAVE A CENTER DISCHARGE? AND HOW IS SCAG RATED

10. Mowingman

Mowingman LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Texas

Their have been some threads in the past that described what a poor machine that Skag is. It has had many problems with performance and reliability in the past. I do not know if Scag has got all the problems solved, as no one has mentioned ot in the last several months. If you want a smaller ZTR that bags, get the Walker. There is no serious compition to the Walker. Also, Walker has many deck options so you can bag, mulch, or side discharge, all with the same power unit. The deck on a Walker can be swapped out in about 10 min.:)