1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Tractors' started by robertbick, Jul 4, 2004.

1. robertbick

robertbick LawnSite Member

I am planning on getting a 60" ZTR for my personal use. I mow about 4 acres right now with a Simplicity 44" 12.5 hp tractor and pull a Swisher 44" offset. The swisher does not do a good job at cutting. I have to slow down in the thick grass.

I was thinking of getting an Exmark Lazer Z with the 27hp air-cooled Kohler. What do you guys recommend?

I also like the Kubota ZD28-60 but think it might be out of my price range. I also don't think I need a diesel. Anyone know what these go for? I know the Lazer Z will run me about $8800. Is that a decent price? Thanks for any help.

2. JandRLandscape

JandRLandscape LawnSite Member

My neighbor has a 60" Exmark w/27hp Liquid Kaw. Personally I wouldn't go with anything but a Kawasaki or Honda.

I've checked out the new Everride machine really nice and personally built very well. My neighbors exmark to me is a good commercial machine. then again so is scag.

The everrides come standard with 25 hp Kaw on either machine 54" or 60" yes they are new but you gotta at least check them out, my dealer is selling them for 54"-$7250 / 60" $7450

He also sells bobcat but says the everride it built like a brick sh!t house.
    Just my 2cents.

3. mowhigh

mowhigh LawnSite Member
    from Dallas

EverRide (Warrior), Country Clipper, Hustler and Scag are all very durable (as are the typically pricier JD and Kubota), but any commercial rider will easily handle your place. ER and CC are still growing their dealer network (service and loaners are much more important to an lco than to a homeowner) but both have had many years of building machines for many of the bigger names. Kawi, Kohler and Kubota engines all have extensive track records (Honda is the new kid on this size block) and are good choices. Demo on your property before deciding. I loved the CC's flip-up deck for easy cleaning. The CC Charger (www.countryclipper.com) is about $6400 for the 25hp/60". Any well-maintained used commercial rider would also be a good option.
  4. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I would look at Scag, you can get a Turf Tiger with a 61in deck and a 27 Kawasaki. I would recommend the kawasaki that all we run on our mowers, in thick grass they have more torque.
  5. vadeere

vadeere LawnSite Member

The price seems high on the Exmark 27/60 lazer. Around here it is about 8300. Hope this helps.