1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

zturn and mower tie downs

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Jaybrown, Feb 3, 2013.

1. kyia

kyia LawnSite Member

Well ill have to check into the legal side of it. Dot around here don't pay any mind to us they just worry about the coal runners. I just sent the parking break and have 2x4 down where the mower sets right I. The middle of them and never had a problem with it moving. Also run open trail here's.
  2. jones68

jones68 LawnSite Senior Member

havent used them but pro lockers look pretty good.
  3. Jaybrown

Jaybrown LawnSite Bronze Member

What's pro lockers ??
  4. wegomow

wegomow LawnSite Senior Member

5. Jaybrown

Is one pro locker enough like they say. What about the 4 points ?? I'm going to use pro lockers for my push mowers for sure
  6. mmacsek

mmacsek LawnSite Senior Member

Not to be smart or wish any ill will on you or anyone else but this was my first time getting an inspection in my 12 years in business. Matt
  7. Nate'sLawnCare

Nate'sLawnCare LawnSite Bronze Member

Another one here that uses Faststraps. Check on Sportsmans Guide for the best price on the 2-pack. I strap mine down primarily so they won't bang into each other. This equipment costs too much to take chances on, and the Faststraps take less than a minute to secure - even less when unloading.
  8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

One Prolocker doesn't even come close to satisfying the containment rules. The equipment must be secured against movement forward, rearward, laterally and vertically. All 1 Prolocker keeps from moving is one tire. :laugh:

The intent of the law is not to keep the equipment attached to whatever is carrying it in the case of a vehicle collision or accident. If that were the case then the attachments would have to be able to withstand impacts in excess of 100 G's. The intent of the law is to keep the cargo from shifting and possibly causing an accident. None of the required attachments is required to provide more than 1 G of force.

9. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

Fastraps are the way to go. If I'm only moving around the block, I might only strap one tire down. If I have to travel several miles I buckle both down. As for unstrapping, I can do that from the mower seat as I am starting up. I've had mine now for about 5 years.
  10. Jaybrown

Do u need for points strapped ??