Zuper Z Hydraulics And Cotton Wood Trees

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by PGC, Jul 7, 2006.

1. PGC

PGC LawnSite Member

Any information on if the hydraulic cooler and fan have problems at cotton wood time? How would you go about cleaning the cooler fins?

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

3. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

The coolers clog with anything thats blowing in the air. I clean mine at least every 2 weeks and sooner durning cleanup time and dusty conditions. We also mow 6+ hours every day.

4. Mickhippy

Mickhippy LawnSite Platinum Member

Pj, I cant see where it says in the book "how" to take the coolers out to clean! I usually just blow it out really well with the compressor. Its amazing how much cr@p gets sucked up in there!

A step by step with diagrams on how to take the coolers out properly would be good, especially when told (by my dealler anyway) we should do it!

I for one, just cant work it out!

5. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

Its as simple as removing 4 bolts.

6. Mickhippy

Ok, granted 2 of the bolts (near the back of the seat are easy but the two in the pic aren't!
    The whole bolt spins for starters and how do you get to other end that are inside the "spoiler," sort of under the fan, to put back in?

These bolts (in the pic) are 2 of the 4 you mentioned arent they?

cooler.jpg

7. mowerconsultant

Male, from Syracuse, NY

You need to remove the cooler fan also, sorry I didn't make that clear, its all rather easy, unbolt the wing over the fan, unbolt the fan and then the cooler.

Pj

8. Mickhippy

Didnt think it was as simple as just 4 bolts! haaa I'd looked at it scratching my head at least half a dozen times!

So basically, you have to disassemble the whole thing? Thats where instructions/diagrams in the manual would of come in handy. That may be something to put to the boss?

Its cool. I'll have another look tomorrow.

Cheers!

9. PGC

PGC LawnSite Member

Thanks to all for the information!

10. Mickhippy

Pj, sorry to re hash this but I was looking at the coolers again today. Still havent the nerve to undo all them bolts/nuts!

I need to know that the 2 nuts (pictured) on the inside are welded to the spoiler.
    Point is, if I undo these bolts, will the nuts on the inside spin? If there not welded, how do you get at them to do them back up?

cooler.jpg