Zwing Pictures

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Feb 28, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

So I went over and checked out the cub zwing mower today at my dealer. I was impressed by the machine. The deck mechanism worked very well, very smoothly. It looks like it's well built. The 23 hp kohler sounded really good, and the thing worked very smoothly. Measured out the width and it's about 35 inches with the wings up. All three sets of blades are swing style, and seem like they move pretty well. It certainly is a skinny machine. My dealer came right out and said, it's not a machine built to mow acres and acres a day. But, if you have smaller sized lawns, and lawns that have a smaller gate (like I do) it will fit the bill. I just have to decide what I want to buy the lawnmower for.

My dealer's price was $5699.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I saw one at the National Farm Machinery show about a week ago. It looked like a very good mower that was well designed.

3. splatz100

splatz100 LawnSite Senior Member

is it just me or does that mower look not nearly as beefy as the Cub Tanks?

4. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

I looked at one and it's just as good as the larger Tanks i'd say. I guess where its just so narrow that it doesn't look as good but it is. :)

5. Legacy

Legacy LawnSite Member

Just 2 more things to break...

Count me out..

6. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

It's not as big as a tank, it's built on a smaller frame. But, it is beefed up and looks pretty damn solid. I had my doubts about it myself. The lifting mechanism looks pretty solid. My dealer claims they used the mechanism that grasshopper uses to lift it's decks on certain mowers, and said it's a solid part.