Zyrc

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Jan 31, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the zyrc fittings on my spindles but, I have never greased them till today and I have one that doesen't seem to be greasing at all does anyone know any tips/tricks on how to clean it out so it accepts grease?

2. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Install a new zerk.

3. lawncare3

Where do I get one? And how is it done? Is it easy?

4. DLCS

DLCS LawnSite Platinum Member

Just go to any automotive store or mower shop, they all have them. To remove the zerk, simply put a wrench on it, there is a hex nut on the base of the zerk.

5. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

Take the zerk out and place in a cap with a little laquer thinner, or gas(be careful) clean it out good and insert it in the grease gun. Does it work? If it does it's good. Put it in , Does it work? If not your joint will have to be disassembled and cleaned. Some times a joint won't take grease because there is no place for the grease to go.

Mark

6. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

Gees now I feel bad

7. 1grnlwn

1grnlwn LawnSite Bronze Member

typical!

8. lawncare3

Thank you everyone for your replys. Btw: Rhett, What are you talking about?

9. geogunn

geogunn LawnSite Gold Member
    from TN

LC3--I say that you need to make sure that the grease "gunn" is centered over the fitting properly.

it doesn't seem likely that a dirty fitting would be the cause,because the grease gun exerts a tremendous amount of pressure to the fitting.

good luck.

GEO

10. lawncare3

I just found out that it doesen't have a changeable zyrc. Is there anything that can be done to fix this even BIGGER problem?