0-0-7 with Prodiamine

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DA Quality Lawn & YS, Mar 29, 2018.

1. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

How many of you guys use a spreadable 0-0-7 with Prodiamine for first round? Northern turf guys.....

I would like to get away from spreading any N early to mid Spring, its a waste. Just need a carrier to get the pre down. I use a ride on cannot spray pre...

2. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

I spray prodiamine out of my T3000 everyday.

biodale and americanlawn like this.
  3. CorgiTurf

CorgiTurf LawnSite Senior Member

Is that the Bond.... James Bond fert?

4. OP
    OP
    DA Quality Lawn & YS

By golly it is:)

I use a Pathfinder so can't get the volume that I would like to spray pre. Hoping to hear about a spreadable

5. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

That'd work fine for you.
    However, you can spray pre from your pathfinder and it'd work fine. I have a buddy that does with his. I do it from my Z but more importantly, I did it with my old PG Ultra years ago...worked great. You don't need carrier volume, you need even application and rainfall within a few days after...agitation would also be nice but not completely necessary. I didn't have any agitation on the Ultra. I'd mix up what I needed and try to use it ASAP. There was usually enough sloshing in the tank to keep things stirred up until I could get it empty or close to it anyway. Awesome results.
    To each his own.

6. jc1

jc1 LawnSite Silver Member

Sure you can use 007 prodiamine or spray prodiamine.
    I spray with a pathfinder no issues.

7. ETM

ETM LawnSite Bronze Member
    from GEORGIA

You can’t spray wdg but you can 4fl. Don’t even try the wdg. But when I didn’t know better I used 007 and it worked good. The savings alone would be worth it.

8. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Fanatic

Yes.
    If you are mixing your chems straight into your Pathfinder tank, definitely try to use L formulations whenever possible. I mix chems in one of my skids and pump straight into ride-on tank and start spraying most of the time so the WDG formulation works fine for me. However, when I find myself in a situation where I need to make a quick fill for one lawn, I use the L formulation of Prodiamine. It's a little more costly, but you actually get more acres out of the 1 gal bottle than you do the 5 lb dry if mixing at the same rates. So, really, it's worth it for the convenience and the mixability.

9. FdLLawnMan

FdLLawnMan LawnSite Bronze Member

Putting a 1/2 lb of slow release nitrogen is not a problem in the spring. I apply that much nitrogen and the WDG Prodiamine out of my T every spring. Will never go back to a spreadable pre-emergent again. I can use any fertilizer I want when spraying the pre-emergent.

10. OP
    OP
    DA Quality Lawn & YS

It's not a problem, but for the early 1st round customers, it's a waste. No N utilization that early.

zlandman likes this.