07 FTSD questions

mjgill1

LawnSite Member
Hi all,
Am looking at a 2007 Fastrak SD MN#928374 SN#07111191 with 280 hrs on it. It has a Kawasaki FH680V 23hp. motor.

It looks like it has the 2800 series hydros vs the ZT3100 that are on the new ones. (UPDATE) According to the model # it has the 3100's. Have they changed since 07?

Does anyone know of any negatives about this mower? Are the hydros good vs the newer ones? Are there issues with the deck, belts, discharge, clogging, clutch, recalls, etc?

I have a cub cadet zforce 50 (laugh it up) and really like the idea of upgrading to the SD but don't want to spend the money on a heavy duty problem child.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I found it yesterday and am supposed to give the guy an answer this afternoon.

Thanks,
Mike

hustlermidwest

LawnSite Senior Member
Today's Fastrak uses the same trans, the tires are wider and taller, ROPS, nicer seat. FX series engine.
Fastrak family is one of our best sellers and always has been.

Brian O

OP
M

mjgill1

LawnSite Member
Thanks for the response. Sounds like it's going to be a great mower. Are there any problems associated with the one I'm looking at or the engine?

It's going to be hard to go wrong with only 280 residential hours and paying $3200.00 for it. The cheapest one I have seen other than this had way more hours and was over $4000.00

hustlermidwest

LawnSite Senior Member
There are no inherent issues with that mower. Been a good product since coming into the market 12 years ago.
As long as the owner maintained it you should be good to go.

Brian O

OP
M

mjgill1

LawnSite Member
I picked up the mower last Thursday and am very impressed.

I was concerned about the feel of the drives. Ha! They are so smooth I don't know how I ever got along without them. This is a great mower and does a terrific job of chopping up the grass.The flex forks do a great job of eating up the small bumps too. It's sure footed on the hills and the smooth drives don't tear up the turf. It's ten times the mower I had before.

The outfit I bought it from was Burco Sales in Independence, IA. They treated me really well. Went through everything and serviced the mower before I picked it up.

Unfortunately we haven't had much rain in Iowa the last few weeks so the grass is pretty slow growing. I can't wait until we get some moisture as mowing is now a pleasure more than a chore.

Thanks for all the help. I'm now a Hustler owner and a fan as well. :clapping:

Top Forums