• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

1 acre yard pricing

MadMike and Son

LawnSite Member
I see lots of posts about pricing per acre for mowing acreage where all you do is run it over as fast as you can. What do y'all charge for perfectly manicured homes on 1 acre lots? Mow, edge, weedeat, blow every inch of property, driveways, sidewalks, porches front and back including pool area, pool decks and fencing???

Caledwen

LawnSite Senior Member
I think the prevailing thought/practice is to have a per hour fee that you charge. This fee should be sufficient enough to pay you, cover your overhead for that yard. Then, estimate how long it will take you and go from there. There really are to many variables that are specific to you, your business, and the project. Any numbers thrown out here are essentially a guesstimate. Are you gonna get burned some? Bet your tail you will. But you will learn from that and get better and more efficient with bidding from it.

OP
M

MadMike and Son

LawnSite Member
In this area of Texas, this describes most properties, I charge 125.00 for every 2 week mow. My question is simply, what are examples of what others are currently charging for similar properties??

OP
M

MadMike and Son

LawnSite Member
For mowing edging weedeating blowing entire acre, all fence lines, pool areas, around pool decking, carports, pool houses, and driveways?? I charge 125.00 to 225.00. Me and my son are doing 75 per week. I was just wondering what everyone else is charging.

Caledwen

LawnSite Senior Member
In this area of Texas, this describes most properties, I charge 125.00 for every 2 week mow. My question is simply, what are examples of what others are currently charging for similar properties??
I have one such property at the moment. I charge this customer $100 but should be more, and if it were someone else I would raise the price. They in particular are my longest tenured customer. They stuck with me while I furthered my education, a time when it was difficult to maintain a consistent schedule as each semester forced me to adjust things. To me, that loyalty is worth more than the greenbacks.

Edited to add: I am located in Texas as well.

OP
M

MadMike and Son

LawnSite Member
I have one such property at the moment. I charge this customer $100 but should be more, and if it were someone else I would raise the price. They in particular are my longest tenured customer. They stuck with me while I furthered my education, a time when it was difficult to maintain a consistent schedule as each semester forced me to adjust things. To me, that loyalty is worth more than the greenbacks.

Edited to add: I am located in Texas as well.
The question isn't who or why do you make pricing exceptions in certain situations(everyone does that). The question is simply described in the original text above.

Caledwen

LawnSite Senior Member
The question isn't who or why do you make pricing exceptions in certain situations(everyone does that). The question is simply described in the original text above.
And i answered your question in the first sentence of my most recent reply. If that doesn't provide the assistance you desire well then, that's all I got for ya.